WIIFM - Benefits from the MonoCab VRT System
WIIFM - a marketing acronym for
What’s In It
These are benefits identified to date:-
- Reduced Government spending on new roads and highways.
- Reduced spending on maintenance of existing roads and highways (less traffic - less damage).
- No further Government spending on railways including for new rolling stock and high speed rail.
- Reduced Government spending on maintenance of existing railways (less traffic - less damage)
- Government income stream (if Government retains shares in the system).
- Taxation income for Governments.
- Reduced fuel imports - improved balance of payments.
- Faster, better, more efficient response during natural disasters.
- Less hardship and emotional stress for natural disaster victims.
- Reduced costs to Government for natural disasters - easier access, less use of helicopters etc.
- Dramatically improved public transport.
- Dramatically reduced public transport fares.
- Dramatically reduced commuter travel time.
- High safety and personal security
- No reduction in service due to wet weather.
- Greater travel freedom for the public.
- Increased public transport use.
- Reduced traffic congestion.
- Fewer trucks on our roads and highways.
- Reduced freight costs - lower food and consumer goods prices.
- Reduced number of road crashes.
- Reduced death and injury from road crashes.
- Reduced road trauma medical costs.
- Reduced personal losses from road trauma.
- Encourages population decentralisation.
- Improved provision of services (electricity, NBN etc.) using the track to support pipes and
- Reduced CO2 emissions from reduction of fuel usage.
- Harvesting of potable water if optional sails are included under the track.
- Track can support a walkway/cycleway if desired.
- MonoCab VRT will facilitate the development of the Northern Australia food bowl proposal.